View Single Post
Old 10-28-2016, 02:03 PM   #4
ck5566
Account Suspended

Re: A little problem with "A-P" member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-P View Post
Just to follow up on this from my perspective. This user came to my house, inspected the parts, and agreed to take them. He gave me cash, and took the parts. In my mind, at this point, it's like any Craigslist deal - someone comes and looks at the parts, and agrees to take them for an agreed price. Deal done and everybody is happy. I then get a message two weeks later that the parts won't work for him and he wants a refund. Because this isn't CL, and I try to look out for fellow truck guys, I offered a full refund if he wanted to return the parts. Apparently that's not good enough and he wants me to pay return shipping as well (even though I never shipped the parts to him). At this point, it's not a money issue at all for me - I don't make a living doing this - it's pure principle. In all my years of selling, I've never had someone come in person to buy something, then weeks later demand return shipping when they decide they don't want it. Stuff like this is why I've decided I'm just going to give away parts I don't need, like I've already done with several other board members.
Knowing you made a mistake and Now giving every thing away that you have left well I guess that's the easy way out for you. I guess if its given away Free then when if it comes up not the right part then at least you can say it was for Free . I hope there part fits, mine sure didn't.

Last edited by ck5566; 10-28-2016 at 02:22 PM.