View Single Post
Old 10-29-2016, 03:19 AM   #10
ck5566
Account Suspended

Re: A little problem with "A-P" member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwcsr View Post
Buyer should also positively known what he's buying if it its that specific and hard to find. I might have shown up with a caliper and some measurements or at the very least had rod ends in hand to test fit because its that specific and I'm driving a long way for this. Knowing what I'm buying is very specific to 68 I would have left without it if it didn't checkout thinking he made a MISTAKE.

You show up don't match it up with what you need and take the wrong part home you should cover return costs and you should also get your cash back when its returned. If he took it off a 68 its a damn good assumption it fits 68 trucks.

I think in the end as knowledgeable as you are on the part as you state above you actually didn't know what you were buying. Even after seeing it, not checking it and knowing the thread sizes as you state above you took it anyway so don't lay all the blame on him. Your half owner in this problem as you call it.
With your statement "If he took it off a 68 its a damn good assumption it fits 68 trucks" Let me educate you a little bit here. Center Links fitments are like this 63-70, 71-72 like what he sold me & 73-87. I only learned this out by getting screwed by him (A-P). This is all a learning curve for the ones that are not so educated on these trucks & the parts they use and with a little help from like this sites forums and all of the knowledgeable members we all will be close to being a know it all someday.