View Single Post
Old 10-30-2016, 12:19 AM   #17
BIGglaSS

Re: A little problem with "A-P" member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck5566 View Post
in the next couple days later I THEN HAD LEARNED IN THE DIFFERENCES IN THE CENTER LINKS BEING DIFFERENT FROM ONE ANOTHER.
Quote:
First of all I didn't know that there is three different Center Links for these 63-70,71-72, 73-87 trucks.
Quote:
"HIS WORDS" "AND FOR THE RECORD, IT DID COME OFF OF MY 68". Most of us can Testify that we have found wrong parts on our trucks,
Quote:
A-P, You didn't know that the Center Link was Year Specific other wise you wouldn't have Advertised it as fitting for a 68 truck like you did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-P View Post
This user came to my house, inspected the parts, and agreed to take them. He gave me cash, and took the parts.
I have no idea why I am getting involved in this and responding. It sounds like neither one of you knew what it was. (check your words above). If you didn't know, then how would you expect him to know? You agree that the wrong parts might end up on our trucks. I doubt the guy listed it with the intention of defrauding owners of 68 C10 pickups.

Quote:
He has admitted he was wrong by selling a wrong parts year fitments but he also thinks I should bring the part back for a refund.
If A-P admitted in writing that he was wrong and would refund, then he is obligated to honor it whether right/wrong.

Let's look at this from another point of view. I'm cruising through a pick-pull auto wrecking yard and find a 68 C10. COOL! I need this center link. I pull it and go home. Later I discover that it doesn't work, because some previous owner put the wrong one on. I then take it back for refund/exchange. Do I stomp and throw a fit because they won't pay me for my gas? My local yard won't even give me cash back! Only store credit for future purchase.

I think this was an honest misunderstanding. Nobody stole your horse. I would list it for sale, and move on. Have you proven for sure that it is 71-72 if you re-sell it to someone else? If you think you have been defrauded, go to small claims court.