View Single Post
Old 10-30-2016, 03:43 PM   #20
ck5566
Account Suspended

Re: A little problem with "A-P" member

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard2717 View Post
I have been to Napa, auto zone, AAP and even the dealer to buy new parts where they have a computer and books to look up the correct part. Even at the new supply houses, mistakes are made. I have had to make several trips taking parts back before i finally got the right part. Sometimes it even took taking the old part to match up to the new part before I could get what i needed. Any such supply house has always either refunded my money or got me the correct part but never once did I think they should reimburse me for my gas and travel. Looking at post #2 in this thread it appears A-P did offer you a full refund if you returned the part so I don't see where he is trying to pull a bait and switch. When dealing with used 40 year old parts there are bound to be changes throughout the years. I can't see where I would dedicate this much time trying to prove someone intentionally sold me an incorrect $50 part, from what i see as a bystander it was an honest mistake that both of you can take credit for.
My parts houses are just around the corner from me, its not like that I have to $pend a hole lot of gas money to return things but on the other hand with this I have $pent $50 in gas so for me to return the wrong part will cost me $100 in wasted gas, I don't know where you went to School but that adds up to a TOTAL LOSS where I went. Sending maybe around $10 to $15 or so for shipping would show his Honor and put this thing to rest. I under stand the 40 + year old thing but if you have something for sale then you better know what it is - being it is 40+ yrs old, that part is the sellers responsibility and yes the buyer should have some kind of knowing what he is buying but come on The Site Forum he advertised on Prides itself in knowing the Right Answers. He is giving the rest of his left overs away any way so whats the big deal with giving me shipping and saving his Honor and shutting me up.