View Single Post
Old 03-02-2020, 06:15 PM   #236
SeventyOne

Re: The "In over my head" build thread

They're never quite done, are they?

Well got exhaust installed on Saturday (towed there and back) and upon arriving home I was sitting idling in the street in front of my house when the tow truck driver offered to air up a low tire I had. While this was happening my brother noticed steam coming from under hood. Immediately killed the engine. waiting a few mins, once the tow truck driver left, started it an put in into the driveway. Also upon startup when cold the engine wanted to surge to 2500 rpm, might have a vac leak. Soooo no test drive.

Sunday I went out to the garage and noticed a small leak from the top rad hose. So i sinched that up and then I wanted to noodle with the carb and see if I could get the cold start RPM settled. While tweaking the IMS and checking for leaks etc I started smelling coolant...Checked the temp gauge and it seemed normal, right in the middle, but then looked under the truck and there was a pretty steady stream/spray of coolant going all over

Anyways that's about where I got with it haha. Today I had the truck towed back to the body shop to address some issues in the paint I found while assembling the truck overt the past 6 months. While it's there I'm going to have the mechanic that works there replace the water pump, look into the high idle, and I've also asked him to install and Hydraboost system as the brakes were rather weak at best (carb doesnt pull much vacuum).

So anyways here's some pics!

Name:  DriverSide.jpg
Views: 656
Size:  48.0 KB

Name:  Gauges_Dash.jpg
Views: 650
Size:  84.7 KB

Name:  UndersideExhaust.jpg
Views: 639
Size:  57.7 KB

Name:  DriverSide2.jpg
Views: 644
Size:  55.9 KB

PUNCH LIST
Under Dash

-Attached hidden antenna under dash
-Check carb gets to WOT with pedal travel

Interior
-Install door panels, door panel trim, arm rests, escutcheons (after paint corrections to door)
-Install glove box (after speaker installation)

Misc
-Add wiper fluid
-Install wipers (after cowl antenna hole gets shaved)
-Get windows tinted
-Install speakers, maybe small underseat sub/amp

Last edited by SeventyOne; 03-03-2020 at 04:12 PM. Reason: added punch list
SeventyOne is offline   Reply With Quote