View Single Post
Old 07-10-2020, 10:08 PM   #247
SeventyOne

Re: The "In over my head" build thread

Finishing Touches - 7/10

It's been a good Month. Put closer to 400 miles on the Blazer! A few small problems have popped up and been addressed. Encountered a hard start issue after driving on the highway for 30 minutes, parking, and then leaving about an hour later. So I installed a carb spacer Edelbrock sells to fix the issue.

I also have a very small leak coming from one of my PS/Hydraboost lines. I have some parts on order to fix that soon.

Name:  PS_Leak.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  78.1 KB

I still have a latching issue with my passenger hatch latch that I need to solve but it's low on my priority list.

As mentioned before I also wanted to get a Trans temp gauge installed so I got the same style AEM gauge to match my AFR readout. They look good and I love knowing what's happening with crucial components!

Name:  Gaugeinstall1.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  75.9 KB
Name:  Interior.jpg
Views: 495
Size:  88.8 KB

Got these kickpanel speakers installed and a small low profile sub under the rear seat to help with the bass tones. BTW the Retrosound Long Beach head unit is really cool. Lots of features and adjustability!

Name:  Speaker1.jpg
Views: 490
Size:  111.8 KB

And with that I could finally get my glove box in place. What a pain! I needed to trim a good 1/2" of cardboard from some of the edges to get the embedded captured threads to line up with the holes in my dash. But in the end it fit well and it completes the dash!

Name:  GloveBox.jpg
Views: 492
Size:  89.3 KB
SeventyOne is offline   Reply With Quote