View Single Post
Old 02-03-2021, 08:22 PM   #250
SeventyOne

Re: The "In over my head" build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
Wow, that is a beautiful rig. You had me at 4x4 Blazer and nearly lost me at fuzzy dice, haha. Just kidding. Love the truck, and like the minimal updates that added more power with the 383 and drivability with the 700r4. The combination of colors is very cool to me: the orange plus the ivory plus whatever color the carpet is brownish tan. Very cool. You used some wheel paint on your calipers that really matched the cast iron. I know there are many different cast iron paints out there but I like how close that looked to the real thing. Don't know if you remember what it was? No big deal either way. Great job, and well worth the wait.
Sheeeeet man - all my rides get the fuzzy dice treatment!

Appreciate the kind words, otherwise haha. The Caliper paint, honestly I painted them some 10 years ago. I likely picked it up at a local Ace hardware. My guess is it was some kind of Rustoleum high temp cast iron/grey.

On another note it's probably time for an update to my build as I've just about buttoned up an an Edelbrock Pro Flo 4 EFI installation. Maybe this weekend I'll post some pics.
SeventyOne is offline   Reply With Quote