View Single Post
Old 12-06-2016, 09:44 AM   #53
KenAdams

Re: 1966 C10 Daily Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
So now you have the CPP engine mount brackets in the forward location and the engine mounts in the forward most location on the ICT adapter plates?
Correct. Yea, so I actually called CPP yesterday about the mounts because I was beginning to think I was crazy. Why would they make them to fit the front holes and not the back ones? I was less than impressed with their customer service. After sitting on hold forever, someone picked up the phone and grunted something at me, when I asked if they were "Tech Line" they said "Sure, I can be." What kind of response is that, I called the tech line advertised on the website, and I got someone who is running double duty as the janitor and the tech line? Anyways the person said something along the lines of they fit front or rear and if I want to put them on the rear all I have to do is drill a hole and either way I have to pancake my crossmember. At that point I hung up and decided I will never buy anything from CPP again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
What is the difference in oil capacity between the LS3 oil pan and the Muscle Car pan?
I am not sure, I believe 3.

-The specifications for the crate engine say: 5.5-quart (with filter) but the original oil pan (12649748) is listed as 8 quarts on a couple websites.
-The new oil pan (19212593) is listed as 5 quarts everywhere.
KenAdams is offline   Reply With Quote