View Single Post
Old 07-11-2017, 10:17 AM   #5
flyingcubby

Re: Blazer rear hatch mechanisms

Nice work, mine was all rusted and took forever to clean it up. Do you mind if I ask you how long it took you. You must have a lot of patience. Hope they sell quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse B. View Post
I had to make one of these for my Blazer hatch since the original was in pieces and in the process of making mine, I had enough pieces left over to make a couple more. So what you are looking at is a custom-made rear hatch mechanism that goes inside the rear hatch of a 69-72 Blazer or Jimmy. The rear hatch handle slips inside the square hole. Mine look similar, but not exactly, to the factory part. It does however work as good, if not better, than the factory part. It is made from thicker steel, it has a brand new strong torsion spring, and everything is TIG welded (not pressed or stamped). Although it is thicker and stronger, it still is nearly identical to all the critical dimensions of the factory part. This same part was installed and functions in my lift gate, so I know it fits and works. I also show my part compared to the (broken) factory mechanism so you can see how close they are to each other. (The holes for the latch rods are 3/16. They appear larger on the broken part because it was worn that much. I'm only selling the new part, not the old and broken factory part.) If you buy one and it does not work, return it to me undamaged and I will either refund your money or if you tell me why it does not work, I'll try to modify it so it does. I am taking a little bit of risk here because I only know it fits and works in my hatch. It is possible these rear hatch mechanisms are not all the same. If you do buy and install this part, you need to have some mechanical skills to install and adjust it.The mounting holes are oblong for a reason. It takes a little bit of patience to get everything adjusted and lined up correctly. Let me know if you have questions. The price is $105.00 for each one shipped anywhere in the lower 48.

Attachment 1669329

Attachment 1669330

Attachment 1669331

Attachment 1669332

Attachment 1669333
flyingcubby is offline   Reply With Quote