View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 12:59 PM   #31
ceekay

Re: Looking for my Grandfathers 1971 GMC SIERRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHRUMGMC View Post
Why dont you go get the car ?... I wish I could find my pawpaws truck already, If the guy would put it in his name already Id have the Police locate it
Because I have no place for it and no money to start fixing it up. It was Dad's hot-rod build; no interior currently, 440 6-pack swap (originally a 383 car)... If I start it, it is getting a 100% frame-off rotisserie body resto. It will be 90% resto, 10% deviation; bucket seats, black interior, dark blue (B7) paint, slightly different sticker options, maybe a very slight body drop since I gotta cut the majority of the floor apart due to bad rusting and also to give it a good aggressive stance, etc etc etc. and I just don't have the time, money, or facility for such an endeavor... The C10 I want to build is going to start as a parking lot hotrod job, with minor body fixes here and there until I can get back home to all my bodyworking tools and space enough to pull it apart completely.

Also, those saying it may be parted out or built are correct; if he hasn't registered it in a good long while, chances are that the newest owner is either fixing it up or parting it out; no need to register in either case... Further, it could be that he bought it for cheap and sold it for scrap... Seriously, God only knows. For your sake, I truly hope the guy is just lazy and hasn't gotten around to registering the truck yet, but part-out/crush/resto is a very real possibility, and you cannot forget that. Further, I hope people who brought this stuff up go look at their own C10's and think about how they would feel if they somehow lost it into a system and someone started stripping it or heavily modifying it...

Mr. Schrum, I hope for your sake the guy who has it now is currently doing a 100% factory restoration..... It'd be like getting your truck back from right after your grandpa bought it, to start a -new- legacy with a newer Schrum.

- CK

Last edited by ceekay; 12-30-2012 at 01:05 PM.