Thread: GM Semis
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2020, 03:22 PM   #2165
davischevy

Re: GM Semis

Quote:
Originally Posted by C10 - C90 Bill View Post
That would be interesting in hearing more about that. Most of the stories I hear is nobody can drive a non-Synchronized Trans, lol.
The choke puzzled the young guys. They would pull it out and leave it, and try to drive it, and bring it back to the shop because it wouldn't run.

It had a two speed rear. Worked smooth as butter. They would bring it to the shop and say the rear end was out. They would get the two speed disengaged somehow couldn't get it back in gear.

It had hydro-boost brakes and steering. They called and said the brakes and steering were out. Well hell yeah, without fluid it wont stop or steer.

One day it wouldn't pull itself. I walked up to it and peaked over the drivers steer tire. Two plug wires were dangling in mid air.

I could go on and on.

My son in law runs this place now. The other day he said "I put another guy in a dump truck this morning." I said " So you hired another truck driver?" He said, "No, I hired a guy that can legally sit behind the steering wheel."

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote