Thread: GM Semis
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2020, 06:51 AM   #2167
special-K
Special Order

Re: GM Semis

Quote:
Originally Posted by C10 - C90 Bill View Post
I was half joking, but the Dayton vs Budds debate is a lot like Chevy vs Ford. It is also mainly an East Coast - West Coast thing. Most trucks, from the old days anyway, on the West Coast had Budds where most on the East Coast had Daytons.
He's closer to the middle, but west of the Mississippi. As I recall, a lot of trucks in AR had both
Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
My son in law runs this place now. The other day he said "I put another guy in a dump truck this morning." I said " So you hired another truck driver?" He said, "No, I hired a guy that can legally sit behind the steering wheel."
Steering wheel holder
Quote:
Originally Posted by C10 - C90 Bill View Post
I guess we're just from the old school, lol.

I know what you mean about the Choke. I was at my real parts store years ago and I mentioned a "Hand Choke". One of the guys behind the counter said "What's a Hand Choke"?
I figure the rest of that might have been, "It's a cable connected to the carb with a knob on the dash you pull out to close the choke and push in to open it back up once warm". "So what is a choke anyway?"

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote