View Single Post
Old 07-25-2020, 06:07 PM   #233
joedoh

Re: Project "Bickle" 1948 1/2 ton 4.3 4l60e

put the driveshaft in, 53" is a perfect fit! 1" stickout (you cant see it with the balance ring but if you want to imagine it you can)

I like the ability to use the rearend with the flange pinion. all other body styles use the cap style pinion, but the ext cab 98+ uses that flange so it can have a double cardan joint (that always goes bad). in the future I think I will see if I can use a 13R type inside clip u joint on the last piece of the double cardan. if you need one of these though, the part number is N3R-2-8268 and its called a Neapco drive shaft flange yoke. I think GM 4x4 use it on the front driveshafts more commonly.

trimmed the front wall of the s10 bed floor and fit it to the front wall of the AD.

its a little crooked yet but with some tapping it will fit. I will weld it in and finish the bed completely. its bolted on and the filler neck is on and done too.

I was going to leave the orange peeley dash but I decided to wet sand it and respray it. it looks super classy now.

stopped working long enough to... *SIGH*.

I know I know. I swore it would be cold somewhere very hot before I did another pre war, but nick (I did his 54 over christmas) wants to put this on an S10 frame and I would like to make foldable mounts to sell, so we will help each other out I guess. I want to do one more AD/S10 (maybe two depending on the speed of my kit) and then I will start a new project (A SHORT PROJECT) in the early truck forum for this. I call it REGRETS.
Attached Images

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote