View Single Post
Old 08-03-2020, 08:28 PM   #248
joedoh

Re: Project "Bickle" 1948 1/2 ton 4.3 4l60e

thanks all!

putting the door on needed some work, the truck sat for a long time in a field with the door open swinging in the wind. it crushed the cowl and broke the hinge. I fixed the hinge earlier and replaced the cowl, but the door still had a bunch of tears in it that made the door really wiggly. I stitched up the tears, there were these big ones here and even more in the jamb where the door body met the skin.

the door shut SUPER TIGHT, only took a moment to realize why.

I guess after the door damaging the cowl it didnt want to shut without a whole bag of washers in the latch. I took those out and readjusted the door

still needs a little movement, I will fiddle with it more because the striker is worn out too.

got the hood on though. truck needs an altitude adjustment in my opinion, I am thinking 2" in the front and maybe an inch in the back. but I will drive it around first, it should drop an inch with some driving after being on jacks for a couple weeks.

the red dot on the door is the "scrap" mark, this truck was on its way to the crusher when I agreed to buy the cab and front end. I might sand it off but I might leave it too.

tomorrow glass and gauges and headliner if I get to it.
Attached Images

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote