Thread: GM Semis
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2020, 10:52 PM   #2173
Old Truck Man

Re: GM Semis

I drove for over 40 years. I owned a butterfly hood 68 GMC single axle truck tractor with a 478 toro flow diesel. I also owned a 68 GMC with a 305 V6 and a 8 yard dump bed. Also drove a lot of dump trucks that had a 671 and roadranger. I can make a 13 speed really sing behind a turned up Detroit. The most fun was a GMC ten wheeler dump truck. It had a V6-92 that I ran the RPM screw up on and restricted the return line. 13 speed I could leave a cloud of black smoke that the vehicles behind me couldn't see the road. I drove a cab over fish bowl with a cunmmins pulled a low boy hauling heavy equiptment. at present I own a C 65 with a 366 working 5 speed and two speed rear . it has full air brakes and a air tag axle. I always ran two log books. Never had a accident in over a million miles. I wouldn't drive today with all the E log and stuff. There is a Guy on U tube Waylon Wire he has a V12 gas engine. He is building a 38 GMC truck with that engine and a road ranger trans on a stretched 65 one ton chassis.
Old Truck Man is offline   Reply With Quote