View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 11:29 PM   #57
madman 72

Re: How did you find your Truck -and-Why did you buy your truck?

I had a 72 chevy short stepside in high school. My dad woke my up at 5 in the morning to go test drive 2 trucks a 75 ford long bed and the 72 short stepside. I picked the 72 before the sun even came out. We went and picked it up that afternoon. It had 307 with a granny 4 speed 2wd. I went through 3 years of school, countless sets of tires, 5-6 girlfriends, cases of beer and lots of tickets. I sold that truck after graduation to go to college. I still regret it to this day. I though i'll just buy another one later. Wrong!. They were getting hard to find. After I got out of college I started looking and nothing. Then my old truck came up for sale for $400 bucks and I went to look at it, but my wife would not let me buy it because of my past with the truck. Mainly the stories of the girlfriends and that truck, told to her buy my buddies wives. I told her that we would make our own memories and still NO!!! Well now on how I found my current truck. Well we needed a secong car, so I told my wife that I would just buy an old truck and she could use the new truck. I searched for 3 years and nothing, it finally came down to the point that we needed a 2nd vehicle. We were on our way to amarillo to buy a car when on my way out of town at the car wash sat a 72 short step side. I turned around and bought it. It was the first day the owner had set it out and yes it was the old man that was asked to sell hundreds of times and would not sell. He just got to old to shift he said. As to why I bought one well, THey are the coolest looking trucks out there, I had the best and the wildest times in this year truck, so I have good memories in the truck( Thought my wife would rather me not remeber those times) and the fact that my dad bought my first one for me and that I hope to give this to my son is probably the best reason.
come soon.
madman 72 is offline   Reply With Quote