View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 12:21 AM   #185
scoyote

Re: '72 Frame Up Rebuild

I need to update that thread on RC Universe, I have made some progress. I'll try do get that done tomorrow.

I actually just now finished the driver side.

I had to grind off the brackets on the factory slides because they put the seat too high. Then I put a piece of 1/8" flat stock 3" wide across with a square tube under it for reinforcement. I just used 5/16" bolts and 5/16" hex head screws to hold the square tubing and through bolted the seat. It's plenty stout.

I didn't like the way the factory drivers side seat belt looked so I bought some new bolt down seat belts and cut the metal end off so I had a loop. Then I took the factory seat belts apart, put the new seat belt in there, wound it up and put a passenger side cover on it and bolted it in.

I think it looks better.

Seat is very comfortable. It's right at 12" from the floor to the top of the seat at the front and it slopes 2" with the factory slides.

It sticks up higher than original seats but I think it looks fine and it's not rubbing on the roll bar like the chevy seats were. Jeep seat is right at 4" narrower (21" across).

Now.....to try to figure out the passenger side.....it's gotta come down 3 inches too and I want to keep the fold forward feature. Either gotta cut and weld the legs off that bolt to the seat or try to put together something at the bottom of the seat......not sure what to do with it just yet.

But....I gotta drivers seat with seat belts !
Attached Images

1991 F250 - Hunting truck w/ Detroit rear locker, ARB front locker, front and rear winches .... and more....
1997 Grand Cherokee - fun jeep - Detroit rear locker, ARB front locker, front winch, 411 gears, lots of lights ;-)
2004 Hot Rod DuraMax - Dnyo'd at the wheels with 525 HP and 1100 lbs torque.....mustang killer.
scoyote is offline   Reply With Quote