View Single Post
Old 02-05-2018, 04:10 PM   #8
Ekliptix

Re: Install thread- Holley EFI Sniper on '72 402 big block

Got the fuel tank drained in to jerry cans.
Removed the mech fuel pump.
Assembled the elec fuel pump and filters.

Found a factory return line I intend to use. Need to get a fitting to step down from the 3/8" fuel hose to the 5/16" steel return line going into the fuel tank.

I intend to keep the 2 3/8" hoses (green and red below) next to each other, along the frame rail before running them up the firewall above the transmission, around the distributor into the EFI unit. I'd use the factory hard lines along the frame except they terminate way at the front by the radiator, not where I want to start running the 3/8" hose. The headers will be approx 3" away from the fuel line at the nearest point. I suspect this is OK for temps, but I'll look into something to wrap parts of the fuel hose with to protect it from heat as an extra step: https://www.amazon.ca/Heatshield-Pro...70_&dpSrc=srch

Here's the plan:

High flow mech fuel pump vs electric fuel pump.
Drivetrain: Built 402BB, TCI Streetfighter 700R4, 2,500 stall, Eaton posi, 3.73. Suspension/Chassis: ECE 4.5/6.5 drop, CPP nitrogen shocks, CPP front and rear sway bar, CPP cross members. Exhaust: 3" exhaust with x-pipe, Spintech 3000 mufflers, Hooker ceramic coated headers. Best 1/4 mile time: TBD.

Last edited by Ekliptix; 02-05-2018 at 04:35 PM.
Ekliptix is online now   Reply With Quote