View Single Post
Old 06-26-2023, 05:11 PM   #10
Malibu Monte

Re: Longterm 1972 K10 LWB Restoration/Maintenence Thread

After I got the fenders mocked up I decided to just keep going. So I cut the carpet out of the cab to assess the extent of the rust on the floors, which as you can see in the photos, was extensive! Glad I have the full floor pan bought already! I also got all of the bed bolts broke free. After that I spent a good hour powerwashing, trying to break as much grime and caked on grease off of the drivetrain as possible. The photo below in the grass is the last photo of it complete, with the 4" lift up front and my beefed up stock leaf pack in the rear. I am thinking it just needs a Off Road Designs zero rate spring/block in the rear to level it out. When I drove it back to the shop after powerwashing It would be the last time it will be driveable for a while. I pulled the bed off and started prepping the cab for floor replacement. I pulled the windshield, back glass, seat, gastank, and seatbelts one evening last week. On Saturday I went to work getting the cab ready to lift of the frame. It wasn't long before it was ready to lift.
Attached Images