View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 04:01 AM   #8
smoknbarrels
Registered Mail

Re: Build: I've never done bodywork...but I can change if I have to! (bagged '67 SWB

well I fitted the newly skinned door and welded in the cab corner(after I welded in the rocker).. it got a little wavey on the back of the cab, not sure why? perhaps I was laying to long of a bead at once? i am not sure how I will straighten it out, but at least its hidden by the box, so it's not devistating, but still would like to get the weld area straight without filler.
Name:  023 (Small).JPG
Views: 3581
Size:  95.1 KB
is it just me..? those cab corners sure are hard to fit in.
Name:  022 (Small).JPG
Views: 3521
Size:  98.4 KB
just preping the passenger door for a new skin job tomorrow, the door was actually in great shape, but it had so many holes in it from several mirror installations, I figured this would be cleaner, the previous owner also drilled out the nuts for the inner door panel for some sort of retrofit clips that never worked anyway, so this gives me a good view to weld in some nuts.
Name:  024 (Small).JPG
Views: 3520
Size:  89.1 KB

I should have more updates tomorrow, as I will be hacking away at the passenger side, but I am really nervous about the gas filler job I will have to contend with soon.. I am hoping that if I leave it till last I will have gained some experience from the floors and cab corners, and you guys will maybe have some advice for me!

I am glad the box and fenders is all new reproduction metal, so I should hopefully not have to do so much cosmetic metal work.

Last edited by smoknbarrels; 03-01-2012 at 04:22 AM.
smoknbarrels is offline   Reply With Quote