View Single Post
Old 03-23-2006, 06:45 AM   #36
72freak
Rottenwood Garage Member

Re: Recently acquired: 1968 C60 NAPCO 4wd....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakohntr
Yes, its true. I hired a lowboy to truck it home the 300 miles but shes in my yard. Now, shes no cream-puff but there is tons of potential. It is factory napco conversion. The original owner was a feedmill in Loyal Wisconsin. Supposedly a fertilizer truck. Came equiped with a BigBlock (size yet to be determined). 5speed trani. Divorced transfer case. Wet knuckle with drum brakes. Power steering (ram assist) and power vacuum brakes. Has one buddy bucket in it but the framework has been cobbled so i dont know if there should of been two. The cab is pretty bad around the roof where the marker lights leaked. Somebody butchered the clip to accomodate the 52 inch tires. It has 2 operational rear pto outputs. One on the trani and one on the transfer case. Originally was a dual rear wheel unit but the current tires dont allow enough room. It runs and drives nice but has been severly neglected. I hope to give it a "joesjunk" level restoration down the road after my kids get older. Until then it will be throwing dirt in the back 40 for a spell.
And to think the last guy was glad to see it leave (hes a FORD GUY). I cant count all the thumbs up we got trailering it home......... More pics to come!
I think the big block version was a 427
72freak is offline   Reply With Quote