View Single Post
Old 01-24-2017, 04:21 PM   #1
Devil Pup

Complete build change. Lifted 2wd

Hey Guys. Figured I would start a build thread for my 69 C20. Im lifting it using he late model spindle method that others have done on the later model stuff. I have only come across a few of the 67-72 body style so figured why not. I have had the truck since I was 14-15 and always wanted it lifted, however I ended up baggin it a few years ago with plans to Z it and such but never wrapped it all up.

first day of having the truck. someone tagged the whole truck, including the bedsides as you can see prompting me to rattle can primer it "wish I wouldn't have done that. could have prob buffed it out."

Got it stuck a few times as a stock height truck and than lowered it anyway

Well long story short, I decided i was over the air ride and wanted a lift after all. So here goes.

Few shots of the bag set up it currently has and how it sits at the moment.

Since this frame is now modified and cut and I want to lift it, I decided it better to get a new frame to start fresh.
Picked up this frame which is also a 69 long bed C20 built in California from what I can find. It also included a 73-87 front half of a frame which has just the suspension I need for this swap.

I have wanted to do an LS swap for a vary long time and decided this would be a great time to do it. Searched the wrecking yards until I came across a 2000 Tahoe that was complete and just set out with a LM7 5.3/4L60E combo with harness and everything for under $500 bucks.

I couldn't pass it up

My nephew approved of the new motor

Few weeks later my brother and I came across a rear end in another wrecking yard with a 2001 Silverado that has a disc rear with a G80 Locker. pulled it a well for abut $200 bucks.
Devil Pup is offline   Reply With Quote