View Single Post
Old 02-06-2017, 03:07 PM   #11
Devil Pup

Re: Complete build change. Lifted 2wd

On Sunday it was too cold to paint and since i still dont have a reamer i figured we could keep moving forward by getting the motor prepped.
Took the harness off to get to the smog equipment I'm going to delete.

There's a lot of wires here. A little overwhelming. Im not a wiring guy by any means so I'm relying heavily on my older brother here.

Used a doorman freeze plug with some silicon to block the EGR port.

The driver side valve cover removed it looked a little dirty to me. This is the side with the PCV valve so maybe thats why? anyone care to shed some light on this.

Passenger side looked really clean.

Plugs to me also looked pretty good. any motor gurus care to share their thoughts?

Took a whole can of degreaser and two of us with a scrub brush about two hours of elbow grease to get this thing clean. Fortunately i have a full seal set that a good buddy of mine gave me so I'm planning to tear it down further and at vary minimum, reseal it, and paint the block.

Still has grime in places i just cant get to with how it is still assembled but at least it is cleaner and i can scrub it as i tare it down bit by bit.

Same buddy hooked me up with a set of Trailblazer SS exhaust manifolds for this swap. I actually like the look of the truck ones better. Is there a performance reason to go to the trailblazer ones?
Devil Pup is offline   Reply With Quote