View Single Post
Old 02-21-2017, 03:55 PM   #21
Devil Pup

Re: Complete build change. Lifted 2wd

I realize this isn't the fun part of the build for you guys to watch. Cleaning and cleaning some more lol. but the fun stuff is about to start next week or so. In hopes that this helps someone i will post my findings on parts that i had to research and source because no one offered a "Kit". My leaf spring bushings and shackle bushings are 1-1/4" rather than the 1-1/2" that seem to be common? No one makes a kit, at all. I searched and searched and couldn't find anything. My brother gave me a part number to Daystar and their bushings were almost perfect but required some trimming. I havent installed on the truck yet but test fitting everything is working out so far. Take a look at the diagram i drew up. hopefully this helps someone later.

Quick shipping and not a bad price

Surprisingly some of the bushings were still pretty solid. Heated up the rubber just enough to use a socket to tap the inner sleeve out and the rubber followed after.

Took the axle to my brother in laws to have him finish weld the axle saddles that we mocked up for the rear end swap.

You might have noticed these little sleeves in the first picture. These were recommended to me by another good friend and my brother also has used them with good success. They are from Roughstuffspecialties.com They are tapered to match the one ton tie rods. We drilled the spindle to 7/8" and they drop right in. I cant even explain how well they fit. That tie rod wont move at all in the hole. Vary nice product.

Started working on removing the broken exhaust manifold bolts from the head. 2 came out without an issue, the third destroyed the threads. so looking into helicoil for that.

Last, spent all day cleaning the rear half of the frame so we can assemble the springs and axle to finally get onto the fun stuff. Too cold to paint after i finished but that will be done this week.

Devil Pup is offline   Reply With Quote