View Single Post
Old 08-10-2016, 05:54 AM   #6
special-K
Special Order

Re: GLASSPACKS-Who manufactures the best one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcsa75 View Post
When I was into that sort of thing, it didn't matter which muffler was "best." We would take a brand new glasspack out of the box, soak the inside with lighter fluid and light it up. That burned out all the fiberglass.
The idea was to be loud. But if you got stopped by the cops, you could say you had a muffler.
The first day I ran like that a cop gave me a ticket. He passed going the opposite direction and noticed I was loud, but didn't do anything. He said it wasn't till he could still here me through the woods after we both had turned onto parallel roads with the woods between that he came looking for me! I had picked up my friend and was headed out when he found me 10 minutes later. I guess that was a little loud

I bought my first set of Thrush Hush mufflers that same week. That was Thrush's answer to stricter sound level laws that were being implemented around the country in the mid-70s. Basically, the beginning to the end of glass pack popularity.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote