View Single Post
Old 02-25-2019, 08:44 PM   #17
special-K
Special Order

Re: Nudder Music Thread: 67-72 Music

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402 View Post
Just came across this tune, I like it. Syd Barrett
I have to admit, I'm not familiar with him. Thanks for sharing. Do you remember Lee Michaels? For some reason he came to mind when I checked out your links
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100%Chevy View Post
I agree,those were the best years for "our" music!
My dad wasn't too happy with our choices though!(he liked country!).
He bout run us out of the house when we played "Jeremiah Was A Bullfrog".
Finally,we were sent to the shed in the backyard,where we really made some noise!
Mike.
That song reminds me of the long bus ride we used to have to high school. The driver played the radio for us. It was Jeremiah was a bullfrog, Rockin' Robin, The Carpenters, and Grand Funk Railroad
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper View Post
Tim I'm sorry but I hate anything led zeppelin has ever done. Give me a Dead , Jethro or Hendricks song any day

Led zeppelin in my opinion stole most of their hits songs

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...fs-223419/amp/
We're all entitled to our opinion. I liked their first two albums when they came out because I came up with my father playing the early blues. They became popular and that turned me away from them. But as time went by it was undeniable why they were so popular. Aside from any over analyzation, they just made great music. Just realize, I haven't necessarily played my favorites. Just trying to play what represented the times as well as music that was only heard then. Nostalgia can come from anything that represents the time, even Engelbert Humperdink . I've always been big on the Grateful Dead and super big on Jimi Hendrix
I really liked them before Pig Pen passed away
Jimi was just awesome

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 02-26-2019 at 12:07 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote