View Single Post
Old 05-27-2018, 06:53 AM   #211
UGAK5

Re: 1972 Blazer CST Frame off Project in NC

So, it you read above - I owe everyone some updates!

First one is carpet for the front passenger area. I went with ACC carpet and very pleased with it. Went in well and was fitted well. I laid it over the top of my butyl rubber sound and heat deadener. Worse part was cutting out the dimmer hole and shifter holes - then the seat bolt holes. Nerve wracking. Took my time and used small screwdrivers stuffed into the bolt holes to keep everything lined up.

I also installed stainless steel thresholds from Classic Heartbeat - - look really nice in my opinion.

Once I had derusted, sanded and painted the passenger seat brackets, I installed them first and shimmed them to align everything and compensate for the butyl rubber subfloor. That turned out to be easier than mounting the bracket to the set first.

Got my twin shifter knobs on - - look so good - - but I need to build a custom carpet ring thats wider than the one in the picture - just too narrow to get a good bite on the trans tunnel.

Lastly, the seat belt retractor is for a chevelle and is a new reproduction from Morris seat belts. I bought a full set from them for front and rear, which works except for teh drivers side retractor. Sourced a NOS on ebay for that. Paid dearly.
Attached Images

UGAK5 is offline   Reply With Quote