View Single Post
Old 05-27-2018, 07:05 AM   #212
UGAK5

Re: 1972 Blazer CST Frame off Project in NC

Then on to rear carpet.

I did not have the leveling mat so I made one. I bought a really stout and heavy rubber mat on Amazon that you would use under a treadmill to stabilize and cushion it. I then cut 20 or so 4 foot strips that were 1 1/8" wide. I put the rear seat in place and cut the strips to length to fill the gaps of the 'troughs' in the bed floor ribbing. Once I had them fitted where I wanted and trimmed up, i ran a piece of 3M double stick carpet tape over them to hold them in place to the bed floor.

With that done, I started cutting out the larger flat mat pieces to go onto the bed floor. Trimmed them all to size and left the are under the rear seat bare, like stock. Once I was happy with the fit, I peeled the other side of the double stick tape off and secured the mats to the floor.

I like the double stick tape because it keeps everything in place, but isn't permanent - and the 3M kind is super effective. I am sure there are various ways of doing this, but I am happy with how mine turned out. The floor is solid, maybe a tad hard, but i wanted the weight in the back, and sound deadening, without going with the butyl rubber stickier than boogers stuff.

Lastly, I added the rear stainless carpet strip repoped from a board member here, Utahboy, GREAT work.
Attached Images

UGAK5 is offline   Reply With Quote