View Single Post
Old 03-15-2024, 03:48 PM   #17
truckin 79

Re: Manager or Working Joe which is better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmall View Post
Younger gen, no work ethic, dont show up, show up late, play with their phones, 1/2 hour breaks, sit in the ****ter for another 1/2 hr., job interviews with unqualified lowlifes with an arrest.org sheet longer than their resume'. No drivers license, can't pass a piss test.

Can't reprimand because qualifed replacements can't be found or are unwilling to work. You have to cut their hrs. low enough till they are below the benifit level to get them to quit because they want to be fired and milk the system.

This is a big reason I am hesitant to jump in the whole management thing. I am 54 and some peoples work ethic in general is questionable. These people are adults and should be able to solve petty problems themselves. In the past I have had to talk to a person because others said she talked to loud, that was her job talking to patients on the phone?!?!?! I have taken some leadership classes and done strength finders book. I was in the Army and leadership there is do what I tell you and shut up lol.
I am 50/50 but mainly wanting to do it to pad retirement fund. The place I work they contribute 7% to retirement fund even if you add nothing.
Thanks for all the input