View Single Post
Old 03-22-2014, 12:11 PM   #136
paintman

Re: 46 pickemup in NJ "the Rebuild"

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidaxel View Post
Paintman,
Can you get some measurements from the bottom of the frame at the spindle and the bottom of the cross member (front) to the ground.
Are you going to have any trouble clearing "speed bumps" or maybe you do not have any where you live!
What size front tires are you using?
Thank for the help
Hey Solid! Unfortunately I can't give you any measurements because the frame is still all striped down and leaning up against the wall in my garage. Its definitely going to be close but this truck is just for putting around the back roads on a Sunday afternoon. If It becomes a problem I can always ditch the 2" inch drop spindles and take the blocks out from the rear to pick the truck up a little. All the pics I have posted of the truck are with the tires that came with the truck. Fronts-195/75R15 Rears-235/70R15

My wife and I have had the winter from hell here in NJ. First off every week we were getting dumped on with snow which necessitated getting my work truck into the garage so we could get our driveway plowed. 10 times at $65 a plow kind of takes the spirit out of you. The only way I could do that was to lean my 46 frame against the wall and squeeze my truck in.

Then came a February that we would like to forget.....First off my Mother In-law died on the 3rd of Feb. and then 10 days later my Father gave up the fight. So the entire month of February was consumed by going to Virginia to take care of all the usual things, and then no sooner getting home and having to go up to Northern Maine. UGHHHH!!!!!!!!

The good news is I finally got back out into the garage and set the frame back on jack stands, and finished up welding the pin holes. I am now waiting on some warm weather to start painting the frame.
paintman is offline   Reply With Quote