View Single Post
Old 06-13-2015, 08:56 PM   #1
5Tractorguy

1964 GMC 4X4 Longbed

Hey folks, I'm new to the forum here and I'm currently in the process of restoring a 1964 GMC factory 4WD fleetside longbed. I'll try to keep up with posting progress as it goes along.

Little background on the truck....
I am about the 4th owner. The last two I know of were from town. It was mainly used as a plow truck for years until a friend of my fathers bought it around 2004. He had plans to restore but didn't have the time. Over this past winter I was thinking about buying or restoring another truck and decided on this one.
It's in rough shape, but I know I'll be able to bring it back. When I do restorations (mainly tractors) I've always been one for stock look or darn close to it. So this what I'll be doing for the '64. Still up in the air whether to go chrome again or the standard white.

I've been reading through the FAQ index for the past week or so, but still have a couple questions to ask and figured you guys should be able to answer them, seems to be more info on the Chevys than GMC...

1. Would my truck originally have come with hub caps? I can't seem to find any pictures of 4WD trucks after '63 with them.

2. The original split rims were removed long ago, were they 16's or 16.5. I have a nice set of 16.5 with mud and snow tires that I'm thinking of using on the truck.

3. Does anyone have the paint code for the original interior color? I'd assume it's the same as Chevy....

That's all I can think of for now, I'm sure there will be more down the road!

Here's some pictures. Videos on my YT page- 5Tractorguy

Name:  DSCN9666.jpg
Views: 1004
Size:  91.9 KB Name:  DSCN9683.jpg
Views: 1002
Size:  84.1 KB

Name:  DSCN9671.jpg
Views: 977
Size:  74.9 KB Name:  DSCN9662.jpg
Views: 954
Size:  71.2 KB

Name:  DSCN9652.jpg