View Single Post
Old 07-25-2020, 03:06 PM   #993
SCOTI

Re: Project: Recycle

Friday. FRIDAY. FRIDAY!!. Tracking said the package would be delivered Friday. Since they left Austin area on Tuesday night the 22nd @ 9pm & were only going to Dallas, seemed legit.

I worked getting the new lower mounts aligned & verified. They worked well. I even verified I could get the hardware out as suggested by more than one person close to me

Once that was done, I yanked the lower mounts base plate from the Pass side for another round of clean-up/footprint reduction & then used it as the template for the Driver side bracket. With both now made, I was able to make some nicer appearing borders & get them both uniform.

I got the drivers side apart & went through the same steps as the Pass side. Things went much easier on the Driver side. Base plates installed. Mock-up shocks installed. Dialed in the placement & shock angle. Tacked the lower mounts in place. Removed & installed the hardware on both sides for validation. Everything comes apart & assembles w/no fuss.

7pm Friday night (the 24th), still no shocks.
I check tracking again & it still shows the 24th as the delivery date but says it's still just running late. I notice however there is no update as far as location since the 9pm 7/22 log-in???

I check again this morning. At 6am they showed to get logged-in @ the main Dallas center only to be transferred over to the Coppell distribution center. I'm guessing (hoping?) to maybe have them by Monday night.

Oh well.... I ready for them @ least.
Attached Images

99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote