View Single Post
Old 12-18-2022, 08:11 AM   #1710
regan wilson

Re: Columbus..the 1957 IH 4x4..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongocanfly View Post
Thanks Regan and Zepp..
If anyone's wondering how I went about cleaning the injectors this is what I've done so far
I machined me a aluminum adapter to go from a can of carb cleaner to the injectors
I 5min epoxied one of the cleaner straws into the adapter
The injector slides in the end and the oring seals it off..
I used o-ring lube on the o-rings to keep from causing any damage to them
I bought a cheap injector controller off ebay..it allows for 4 different setting, I used #4 that is the continuous firing mode..
I cut a injector plug out of the old harness to connect the controller to the injector
Then you simply mash the go button on the carb cleaner can and it blasts the cleaner thru the injector..
Found out quick you've got to hold the alum adapter onto the injector, it WILL build enough pressure to blow it apart...
Dont ask..Haha
2 of them were completely jammed up and at 1st wouldnt fire..took some time to get them loose
I'm gonna run them thru the ultrasonic cleaner for a while..I forgot to get the seafoam when I was in town..then I'll flush them all again with the carb cleaner setup, and keep my finger crossed that it works
Good thinking there Greg. Hope it works out for you. If it does you have a useful tool for the future.