View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 12:40 PM   #8
Claytona08

Re: Project Platinum C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyG View Post
If the control arms have been fabricated such that they provide the same amount of travel, the ride quality should not be much different between the two. They likely have been fabricated that way.

Since spindles do a better job of maintaining factory steering and suspension geometry, the difference in ride quality will be more subtly improved - it should be better (not specifically "quality", but also "predictability" "grip" and "responsiveness." But these will be subtle differences that you may or may not feel, depending on your "oneness" with your vehicle ).

The spindles will indeed keep your tires more vertical (if that is what you meant by "bend in"), although I would hope the control arms would have been built to correct the camber change (but that is an assumption on my part).
Both kits are made by DJM Suspensions and both offer 5" of drop. The drop spindle kit is approx. $115 less than the kit with the control arms. Do you have to add some kind of ball joint to the spindle kit? I spoke with the folks at DJM and they informed me that the spindle application will work with stock Rallye wheels with some modification to the spindle itself and the rim and said that if I planned to switch between 20" rims and stock rims that the control arms are the better application for what I need. Would you agree with this?

Last edited by Claytona08; 05-20-2013 at 01:06 PM. Reason: text
Claytona08 is offline   Reply With Quote