View Single Post
Old 12-01-2020, 04:29 AM   #274
Spf79

Re: 1972 Build thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadheadNM View Post
Do you have adequate t-case clearance now?
Negative, but thank you for checking in on me.

I am better than where I started. Once I did the hillbilly 2x4 method, I had also noticed that the sides of the body mount on the frame were bowed out. I used a dead blow hammer to get them tucked back in straight. I performed this high IQ process a couple of times and appeared to get the mount moved back up about a 1/2".

The body puck fits with less than a 1/4" gap, I can move it around easily, but not pull it out due to the lip catching on the frame mounting hole.

There are a couple of knowledgeable 67-72 guys here where I live that have run into this transfer case issue before. No one had a reason why.. One of them shimmed the body up with large washers, and one dropped the transfer case down a smidge. I'd rather shim the transfer case down a touch than lift the body any higher. There was also the suggestion of moving the whole moter, tranny and t-case forward to the c10 position. I'll pass on that one.

I have a fair amount of items to attack at the moment. I will get the wiring under the dash complete before I mount the doors... once the doors are mounted and I start putting the fenders on, I'll figure out what needs to be done with this body mount. I assume that it will mess with door alignment if I crank it down how it is.