View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 10:09 PM   #20
blue1969camaro

Re: '80 C10 drag truck project

The truck is already set on the surface plate at ride height, not locked down, but I measure and remeasure everything several times before anything is welded. I know that the ride on the road will suffer from rod ends and solid mounting everything but I can deal with it. I drove an '86 CJ7 for almost two years, yes even in some of this crappy NY winter, it was cold, loud (blown out cherry bomb right under my floor board filled with holes,) and a handful to control. This truck will see way less street time than the jeep so I will just deal with it. I thought about going four link for quite a while but decided against it because of all the adjustment, yes I know the advantage, but for my very first drag vehicle I will be trying to tune the suspension and the four link has so many adjustments it's a little intimidating so until I learn what I am doing I'll use the ladder bars.
Speaking of learning, this project is teaching me a ton. Every weld I do looks better and better (my class mates have actually commented on my welds and some are having me weld their stuff!) I'm getting way more patient with everything and most of all this is an absolute BLAST I love seeing everything coming together so nicely (knock on wood).
blue1969camaro is offline   Reply With Quote