View Single Post
Old 01-08-2018, 04:00 PM   #6
Hart_Rod

Re: Cheyenne Super glove box door placard/overlay

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolife99 View Post
3m 77 spray adhesive works good.
It’s basically sprayable contact cement.
Spray both pieces and let them dry.
Then stick it..
But you better have it where you want, because it will be stuck!
Tape off the glovebox door where you don’t want glue.

Lots of good videos on using this stuff.
Thanks for the info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1968aj View Post
is that aftermarket woodgrain? if it is where did you get it?THANKS
I got the placard from a board member SuperCheyenne Man. He also redid my door panels and gauge bezel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO455 View Post
Any contact cement will work. Use some piano wire or old hangers to hold the inlay just above the door after the glue is ready. Then you can get it aligned with out sticking. Then starting at one edge lineup and remove the wires one by one working across. Don't press down as you go in case your not happy with the alignment before the last wire is removed. When your satisfied pull the last one and use a roller to push air bubbles out from the center to the edges. The spray cement is easier to get a consistent glue application but far messier due to over spray. If you haven't used it before and want to that way do some practicing with the spraying.
Good info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange67 View Post
I used 3M emblem tape for my 67's Chevrolet emblem, it has held for 6 or 7 years now. I cleaned both really well before I did it. The bonus of the tape is if I ever need to remove it I have a better chance of getting it off in one piece. Good luck!
Thanks!
Attached Images

Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote