View Single Post
Old 01-22-2020, 05:21 PM   #45
Second Series

Re: 1947 Panel Truck Frame swap with ’88 k2500

The body is on the donor frame, it has a 2x4 under the front in the picture, still needs some adjustments. The bottom of the firewall above the transmission will be modified. The rear of the rear inner wheel well will be trimmed to accommodate the leaf spring. The 1x2 cross sills have the bed as low as it can go without major mods.
The next step is to hang the fenders, start carving the front inner fenders, and locate the running board brackets. The front and rear running board brackets have conflicts, so will need to be moved. The radiator will need to negotiate it’s placement based on the location of the steering gear. I got a desert cooler radiator 25+ years ago, it should be good for this 350. I’m just not sure about the horizontal vs. vertical flow.
I’m still working on the motor drive for the mechanical speedometer. I found a motor with the right range, now I’m working on the code to convert frequency to PWM. I also need a DRAC module since my DRAC is incorporated into the gauge cluster pcb. I went to a scrapyard yesterday, but all the trucks had the electronics removed.
It was a good feeling to see the body on the frame, this is a good milestone in the build. There is still a long way to go, but this is a positive turn.
Attached Images

1955.2 Chevy 6700 Bus/RV
1990 Chevy K1500
Second Series is offline   Reply With Quote