Thread: The Pig Rig!
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2019, 01:04 PM   #47
ericjon262

Re: The Pig Rig!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1976gmc20 View Post
Those things are worthless!

One time we were up camping in the mountains with the family and the camper trailer. Went up an logging road to a high mountain meadow. I was trying to back the trailer up a little hill between the trees so I put the Suburban in low range. The rear wheels kept spinning on the grass. I had to keep pulling forward and finally got the hubs to sorta kinda engage so we could get parked.

Came back to town the next week and ordered a pair of Warn hubs. I still have the factory hubs just in case I was ever to sell/trade for another GM 4wd, and put them back on and keep the Warn hubs. Probably at this point I would just sell it intact.
yeah, I was just trying to be cheap when I was going to keep them, but when I saw damage, I knew I'd be a fool to keep them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Timber View Post
Love the detail on the adjusters. Nice work.
Thanks, hopefully they hold up like that. my biggest concern is dust contamination, which hopefully has been minimized by the minimal exposed grease. they only have to last long enough for me to design adapters for late model front brakes, and find a late model 14 bolt FF with disc brakes.

My trucks don't leak oil, they mark their territory.
ericjon262 is offline   Reply With Quote