View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 03:48 PM   #9
jbclassix
Junk Yartist

Re: 91 Suburban Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skratch View Post
Just a thought, but if you're climbing in OD then the tranny is heating up way hot and the factory cooler integrated into the radiator doesn't help.
On my 4x4 we installed a 4 core radiator first, still got kinda hot, so I plumbed in a secondary cooler inline with the factory cooler that is in the radiator . . . now the truck runs much cooler pulling or climbing hills. I installed the cooler coming out of the tranny and then flowing into the factory unit to avoid overcooling in the winter.
I thought all along it was my engine, turned out to be the tranny all along that was really overheating.
Once I get my 4-core cleaned out I am going to install that... The engine oil cooler is remote, but the tranny cooler is integral. I definitly plan on nstalling a remote tranny cooler and tranny temp gauge since I am going to be towing a lot. The Yukon on the other hand has in integral engine oil cooler, and manual tranny. But it only had a 2 core radiator. I think you are right on with the tranny causing the temp to go up on the Suburban.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe231 View Post
Does it have a fan shroud?
Yes, they both did.
jbclassix is offline   Reply With Quote