View Single Post
Old 06-18-2017, 11:31 AM   #157
Scott2

Re: Scott's '51 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Design View Post
Scott, progress is looking good. And good news on the fix for wheel centering. Have you looked at bed mounting with the cab also installed? Wondering about checking for fit of bed to cab to front fender placement over wheel centerline, before trimming the rear bars.

Sorry, I am probably way over thinking this one...
Doug - yes I have been thinking about it and it's probably the right thing to do -- and you're not overthinking it IMO. The time spent now will be worth it in the long run.

Yesterday I ran some string lines for the rear fender centerline and the center of the rear end and confirmed that with the bed mounted (front holes in the bed and TCI chassis are a single hole each so not adjustable without redrilling, rears have the long slot in the bed mounting "blocks" in the rear corners) that the rear end is ~1-1/4" too far back. I already knew that by position of the wheels but wanted to measure it and confirm.

I also stood looking at the truck for a while and was considering installing the cab and front fenders for a fit check. I had the cab and the bed both on before but I did not install the front fenders.

Sounds like a good Father's Day task.

Question: when installing the front fenders - how do you install those and the inner fenders? I installed the inner fender first before but then couldn't fit the fender over it - at least I couldn't figure it out at that time. Then I bolted the two together and tried and again and it's awkward at best. What is the proper way to do this?

Thanks!
Attached Images