View Single Post
Old 01-11-2021, 09:57 PM   #68
omodified

Re: "Midnight Rider" 1970 C10 SWB Fleetside

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDPotter View Post
Wow, what an update! You've been saving up all of your pictures and progress just to blow our doors off!
Thanks MD. I wouldn't say I was saving it hahaha. Life gets in the way sometimes. So, you have to make time for the important stuff. I figured this blog could wait. As long as I take lots of pics, the stories that go with them all should come right back to me! Now that I spent an entire weekend bringing you up to date, I think I may have to re-prioritize my stuff!

Quote:
You won't regret the LS swap and from breezing through the parts list, it's got excellent parts in it. Gen 4 rods, GM bearings, ARP rod bolts, and ported heads to highlight. What's your plan for the engine and transmission management? Holley Terminator X Max? Since you bought it as a long block, you might as well go with the Holley system over the GM ECM and harness.
This LS engine is indeed nice. I really lucked out with that find! I don't want to spoil the engine management story by giving away the ending just yet, but let's just say you might be on the right path!

Quote:
Lastly, those center caps came out incredible. If it were me, I would have just ran the gold bowties but your blue bowtie mod is just one of those little details that, combined with all of the other little mods that I'm sure you will be doing, will make this truck one in a million. I bet you could sell those caps on eBay! If you're sticking with the 15 inch wheels, you'll have to do some research on brakes. I assume you're upgrading to discs at least in the front?
Thanks for all of the compliments. I'm pretty excited myself, about how the caps turned out. As far as the brakes are concerned, thank you for the suggestion. That's what I love about this board. I did some research and I think I found some old calipers that I will work with my old squarebody 4WD rally wheels.
Board Member #87725
My build thread... http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=813848
omodified is offline   Reply With Quote