View Single Post
Old 02-12-2022, 04:26 PM   #42
Denee007

Re: '72 Ford Bronco resto

Quote:
Originally Posted by G&R's57GMC View Post
Hi D’nee
Gee you really pick the rough one’s to start with and then make them great again.

Do you have any pictures of the rebuild of the poor wet Mustang redo ?

Keep up the great work !
Thank you for asking!! Below is a quick trip through the re-restoration. The paint was ok, but I did repaint the engine compartment.

Harvey started it all!!

After a year or so, finally got to get to it, strip it back down to nothing.

I didn't use the 289/C4 combo, I found a 302/T5 from a '90 Police mustang a guy had. I removed the fuel injection and went with a standard aluminum manifold, and did want a standard this time. The diff was upgraded to a posi.

I helped Red Roberts of Driveline components make the bracketry to hold his hydraulic cylinder. This took a few months go accomplish, but I finally made a wooden mock up and he copied that and sent the the bracket, so then I had a working hydraulic clutch.

This was just setting it up out of the car to make sure everything would work, and it did

Lucky me, got to re-upholster some mustang seats which I found locally.

It was a great deal of work, but for some reason, I enjoyed bringing it back to life. I eventually had to replace the Flaming River rack with a Unisteer rack and pinion which was/is oooodles better than the Flaming river, and much less in price.

The stang sits in our garage and it quite ferocious with the 5.0 HO engine!!! dne'
67 Ford Mustang (re-restored after Harvey)
1968 Jeep Cj5 (2-8-2020 to present)
1992 Jeep Yj (8-17-20 to present) (Jurassic build)

www.Classiccarsandtools.com
Denee007 is offline   Reply With Quote