View Single Post
Old 03-01-2021, 09:27 PM   #33
LONGHAIR
just can't cover up my redneck

Re: What Radio Station do you like?

I switch back and forth between classic rock and older country. The source just depends on where I happen to be.
I had a docking station that I plugged my Phone into at work. Back when I had unlimited data through Verizon, I listened to "Outlaw Country" on Pandora. After I gave up on them, I switched carriers and got a different phone. The old one stayed in that docking station all the time and just played about 1500 songs on shuffle....until the fire killed it.
Back before Sirius and XM merged, there was a station on Sirius called Buzzsaw. I listened to it quite a bit, sometimes "Classic Rewind" or "Classic Vinyl". They dropped Buzzsaw in the merge and I never renewed my subscription.
I'm pretty much down to a classic rock station that I grew up with now in the truck and Youtube at home. That station (QFM96) came on the air in '77 playing the popular rock of that time. They called themselves "album oriented rock" and as such, they played more than just the singles of the well known bands. The funny thing is, over the years they transitioned to "classic rock" and kept playing the same songs/bands. Now they call themselves "Iconic rock" and still play the same stuff. There probably aren't too many stations out there playing the same music for 45+ years or people who still live in the same place to listen to it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man View Post
As for reading directions...
The directions are nothing but another man's opinion.
Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make them all yourself...

Bad planning on your part does not necessarily constitute an instant emergency on my part....

The great thing about being a pessimist is that you are either pleasantly surprised or right.
LONGHAIR is offline   Reply With Quote