View Single Post
Old 01-19-2021, 12:20 PM   #11
1971Stepside
Almost Satisfied

Re: So... I have this problem

I took mine apart in 91-92 after owning it for 7 years. It sat in pieces until 2002ish when I finally started working on it due to time and money. I finished the frame and got all the rust cut out and replaced. It then sat again until 2019 due to kids, kids sports, etc. It is now nearly finished.

They are a pain to keep just sitting around if you don't have the place to put them, but if it is important you will find the time and money and get it done.

My son has a 99 Silverado that was his first car. He just upgraded to his second and really wants to keep his truck but has no place to store it. My guess is that it will end up in my driveway since I have a soft spot for this. Hopefully, he can restore it one day.
1971 C10 Stepside. LSx 6.0 with BTR Stage IV, Speed Engineering Headers, 4L80e transmission w/3200 Circle-D Stall. 3.73. Posi. Purchased this truck when I was 17. I started the rebuild (or take apart) in 1993. I have drug it around all over the country in pieces. Finally back on the road in 2021.

"I can't complain, but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far."
1971Stepside is offline   Reply With Quote