View Single Post
Old 07-23-2019, 03:15 PM   #28
yote1234

Re: Gas Monkey Fast-n-loud is airing the episode where they purchased my

Quote:
Originally Posted by slomotion View Post

I see your blue shag! Almost looked like a pair!
I bought my van last year with the carpet and have recently stripped it all out. Going for a lighter-brighter interior, plus the carpet was 38 years old and had acquired an unsavory odor. Not bad, just an old musty type smell. (The PO had just laid in the red rug to protect the shag on the deck.)

wow very simular, very kool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
I like that one!
thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Shag was made for Vans! But some people put it in their house, too.

I always loved and wanted the short Chevys. I'll get down by my friend's place for pictures. I hope it hasn't sold yet. His son had it on Craigslist last winter for a while before I saw it. Lots of interest but no sale, and he was just letting it marinade when he offered it to me.

There was another one I am very disappointed about missing out on. It's been a handful of years, but this one was unbelievable. Before I tell you about it I'll say the only reason I didn't buy it is when I called, while standing by it, the seller had just gotten off the phone with the buyer. I was next in line if that one didn't follow through. I even called to verify when I didn't get a call.

It was about an all original '78 short original dark blue faded paint Nomad. It had had the roof rack with ladder, rallyes, chrome trim, original plaid capt. chairs, tilt, a/c, 350. It was all there, all original, in a well aged condition. It was gutted in the cargo area. Vet minor rust. Here was the best most amazing part... $800!!!
yea, i love the short wb vans, great for cruising and camping
1968 Honda mini-trail z50a #377
1966 uh 1-D Huey
yote1234 is offline   Reply With Quote