View Single Post
Old 12-06-2019, 10:56 PM   #40
landarts
landarts

Re: 68 Second Chance

Started to finish putting the heater control assembly back together that I painted and cleaned up a few days ago. I was at the point after the new arms were installed, to finish I still needed the knobs installed. The kit came with a set of black plastic knobs and I was thinking I would rather put the old ones back on that are a resin type knob with a chrome finish. I had two sitting on the table and I thought I remembered another one being in the box of items I cleaned out of the glove box.

As I was looking through the box I grabbed an envelope and the plastic casing that held the actual manual and protecto plate booklet for maintenance. I figured I would look through the stuff to see what else I could learn about this trucks story. What I found out is that the owner bought the truck in Clovis California on July 11th 1968 at Hallowell Chevrolet. I also found out that the owner was born in 1921. There were several other papers that helped understand who they were and just a little bit more of the trucks back story.

One thing that surprised me was how the vin number was punched out with little holes on the Protecto plate booklet. I had other trucks that have the booklet but do not remember seeing that. Now I will need to pull others out of the cabinet and check them out.
Attached Images

68 Second Chance
Fix and Sale 72 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4 K2500
The "Fixrupr" build thread

72 Cheyenne 1/2 ton " FIXRUPR " - daily driver
67 C20 all original paint
71 K20 Custom 4x4 (Idaho Edition)
72 K20 GMC Super Custom 4x4
72 K20 Custom Deluxe 4x4
69 K10 Custom package 4x4 (69 K10 from the field)
72 K10 Custom
71 K10 Custom
72 K20 Custom Deluxe 4x4
72 K20 Crew Cab Project
71 GMC Jimmy CST
72 Blazer
70 Blazer
landarts is offline   Reply With Quote