View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 11:48 AM   #38
SulphuriousSam

Re: Sam's Man Cave 66 Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by KroAutomotiveInc View Post
looking good man i would just leave the original paint i think it gives a classic look (that takes 40 years to make) and you will never get it back if you paint it i wish i never would of messed with mine!
Yeah I'm still not sure about the paint but I have some time to decide since I'm not messing with it until I get this thing road worthy anyway. Problem is I really kinda wanted mine to look alot like yours I guess it's all in your background, and while I do like the ole patina, it just doesn't seem right to me. Where I come from your hotrod, muscle car, kustom, etc. was supposed to have a cool paint job too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ66GMC View Post
Nice project you can't go wrong for $100

Keep the pics coming

Tony
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks for the encouragement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KroAutomotiveInc View Post
that one should work fine almost all the parts are the same for these trucks no matter the year
I actually discovered the original pin laying in the drive outside the shop. The PO had dismantled the brake on that side and then put the wheel back onto the hub. It must have fallen out when we unloaded from the trailer. Hopefully that's taken care of now.

I'll find out for sure this week as the plan is to finish rebuilding the rear brakes and get my bed floor done and bolted down in the evenings after work.

Next in line is pulling the heads and having the machine shop do a valve job. I hope to have that done by the end of the month. That little job will let me know the next step and whether or not I need to rebuild the engine or not.

Of course if the engine needs a rebuild then I have another delima because then I have to decide whether to sink money into the little 283 or maybe upgrade to a 350...hmmm...just so happens there's a 350 short block in the shop ready for a build...

1966 C10 LWB, 283, 3 on the tree (lots of work to do!) http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=471348
2001 Suburban daily driver
2008 HHR (wife's ride)
SulphuriousSam is offline   Reply With Quote