View Single Post
Old 08-29-2021, 10:57 AM   #1430
67RS/SSx2

Re: Do you have a 1972 Plaid Pickup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko View Post
Truck color had nothing to do with seat cover color. a YG# package truck just happened to include a plaid seat - but the color had to be dealer or buyer-chosen from four different colors. Orange, Avocado, Blue, or Gray. Your interior trim code should tell you what color plaid of the four your truck came with of it's a Custom Deluxe YG package truck.

To see what came in the different packages, see post 38 of this thread. Can you post a picture of your SPID?
Thanks for the information Jocko. I have read this thread from beginning to end. It's a long thread. Took a while to read. I am beginning to develop a fondness for the Highlander option package. Guess my memory is not as good as it used to be. Happens as you get older.

It's not my truck...yet, but could possibly be eventually. I think the SPID had "YG820 Special Promotional". It also said "Black/Red Orange" as the color. I had not seen that before. It is currently an orange color body with a black cab. Looks a little different but I am not afraid of orange & black. Especially since it is likely its original color scheme.

It also had the features listed in post #38 for the YG8 option. The SPID also listed custom trim combination (?) and custom deluxe equipment (?). Not sure what those include either.

Seems to not be a rare combination, but an unusual one at the least. I like combinations that are out of the ordinary.

Thanks for the help. This site is a wealth of truck information! It is helping me learn a lot as I shop for my next truck.
1972 Chevy C10 Cheyenne Super (sold)
1984 Chevy Silverado C20 crew cab (bought new by my uncle, in the family until I sold it)
67RS/SSx2 is offline   Reply With Quote