View Single Post
Old 11-28-2020, 11:54 AM   #36
BAChevyMan

Re: 86 Scottsdale - No start

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillac_al View Post
Dude, I hate to be a dick but you can't call yourself a mechanic if you don't know what a piston stop is. That's why I mentioned there aren't many mechanics left anymore. No problem though, that's why everybody is trying to walk you through this basic stuff. You're getting there.

Personally I never needed a piston stop because I don't need to know the exact degree where TDC is. If it's off an inch or more then I can see the problem. This only comes up with mis-matched balancer and timing cover issues (which you may have). I can use a pencil and get it close enough for my needs. If I was actually degreeing a radical cam I would worry more about accuracy.
Whatever dick, I have a certificate from an automotive school that dont teach you **** about piston stops or how to use them. Or to work on classic cars. I am ase certified, have 4 years of experience. I also did 2 head gaskets in a 98 malibu 3.1, and a 2006 saab 9-5 before I became a mechanic. So **** you on saying I'm not a mechanic because of not knowing what a piston stop is or how to use it. Also, I have never needed a piston stop.
BAChevyMan is offline   Reply With Quote